After doing WAY too many conversions with converter I decided I was sick and tired of turning off the SSL encryption manually, closing the open files and folders, and restarting the VMware converter worker service. I decided to automate it all. I created a folder and added it in with the rest of the Conversion files I throw on the machines I convert.
If you’ve disabled the SSL encryption before you will know that different operating systems have the converter-worker.xml file located in different locations. I used to just have a notepad document with the different locations. What I’ve done in this automation is take I’ve added in the correct file locations within the batch file for each OS.
You will want to run the batch file AFTER you have installed the converter, but before running the converter.
You will see there are two files (see the zip folder below):
- Converter SSL Disabler.bat
The batch file works by:
- Determining the Operating System of the server
- Invokes the ‘Changeworker.vbs’ script toe change the ‘Converter-worker.xml’ file’s <UseSSL> value to ‘False’
- Saves the file
- Stops the ‘VMware Converter Worker’ service
- Starts the ‘VMware Converter Worker’ service
Once the batch file finishes you will be good to run the converter without SSL encryption.