Many people have the rude awakening when they first start creating their virtual environments that they can’t copy and paste between their PC and the VM they have open through vSphere. THERE IS A SOLUTION! and its quite simple:
1. The VM needs to be powered down
2. Right-click on the VM and click ‘Edit Settings‘
3. click the ‘Options‘ tab
4. select ‘General‘ and click on ‘Configuration Parameters’
5. click ‘Add Row‘ and add the following lines:
Each in their own row
6. Click ‘Ok‘ and boot up your Virtual Machine.
YOU CAN NOW SUCCESSFULLY COPY AND PASTE BETWEEN MACHINES!